DreamLyrics™ Play-by-Post
Posted By: Mina The Interior Life by Katherine Blake - Mon 09/10/23 23:12 UTC
Has anyone else ever read this book, and if so what are your feelings about it?

The book starts with Susan, a bored housewife who has given up on herself and life in general. She remembers when she was younger creating imaginative stories... and decides to take up that practice again to help her get through the monotony of her days.

In her mind she creates Marianella, the feisty maid and the unstoppable Lady Amalia. These two characters show Susan a world on the brink of darkness, an evil that is creeping slowly onwards consuming the world one bit at a time. As Susan tunes in to visit the lives of these two imaginary women, Susan starts to see life in new ways. Susan is not powerless, her life is her story, and she can be the heroine of it instead of a background character.

The novel flips between the three of them. Susan's Interior Life becomes more realistic with Susan lending the other two women her understanding and compassion... and the other two giving Susan their support... and a verbal spanking when she needs it. Slowly life comes into focus for all three of them, but can they win their own happy endings?
Posted By: Lionhawke Re: The Interior Life by Katherine Blake - Tue 10/10/23 04:34 UTC
It sounds rally interesting. I'll have to look for it. Thanks, Mina!
Posted By: Gypsy Re: The Interior Life by Katherine Blake - Tue 10/10/23 09:06 UTC
Never heard of it or the author until you shared! grin
Posted By: Mina Re: The Interior Life by Katherine Blake - Tue 10/10/23 18:46 UTC
I hope you two like it if you can find a reasonably priced copy. I also wish they would come out with an ebook format.
© DreamLyrics Play-by-Post