Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Miales, Nivek), 7 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak:

He turns, all business.

“Of course. You wouldn’t have any idea as to what she was angry about? Might tell us where she went.”

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Mon 06/05/24 23:59 UTC.
Coral

Having followed Aendell and Selaim over to the bar and Zac, she stood behind the other two, snuffed out candle in hand, watching and listening to Zac.

At Zac's question she silently nodded in the direction of Aendell, so that Zac could see.

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

If felt to loud and crowded to discuss in here. Selaim pulls Zac away to a quieter area to talk away from prying ears nearly bumping into Coral as she did. Looking at the girl she motions with her head inviting Coral to follow. Once they are away and she feels comfortable to talk in a low whisper

"Extremely quick explanation with a lot of layers left out is that the princeling's reason for being here was Cat. He was sent here to bring her back to Magnimar. I think the Harrowing was an excuse to get her alone to do that. So she's feeling a bit betrayed right now. Where would she go?" Selaim spit out.

All parts of her were screaming for her to just abandon the other two and run through the streets until she found Cat. She knew it was the foolish move but still it was there.

"I know not much to go on but I'll explain more when we are on our way."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak:

He looked at Selaim with appraising eyes for a moment. She was growing.

“I suspect things are more complex than that. However … Cat is my friend and I definitely don’t believe she would commit a serious crime. I want to hear the whole story from her mouth.”

He pauses in thought.

“Three places I can think of. To the guard captain, she might try to find if his claim on her could be a shield. The temple for succor. Or … knowing Cat, she might seek out her own people, if any are here.”

He tries to rack his brain from the conversations he’s been having in the bar if there is a hangout for Varisians in sandpoint.

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

"The last place I'd go is the authorities. I still don't trust them even though the guard here doesn't seem to be of the same ilk as the ones in Magnimar. I doubt she'd go there. She was mad and hurt. She'd go some place that comforts her. She doesn't seem like the type that would seek sanctuary in a temple. That means hiding. She'd go some place that reminds her of home. I know when I was feeling down I still felt a pull to the guild even with everything that happened." She got quiet for a second.

She got quiet thinking.

"I think we should find the guard captain. They should know where she might have run off to. I mean it is there town and all. And if she came to them they'd know."

Coral

"I agree that she would not go to the authorities. ButI doubt she would go to the guard Captain," she stated.

"It sounded like Catalena was in the guard as a punishment- serving some sort of parole. Would not the guard captain represent authority? And is there not a chance that Aendell has already forewarned the guard captain of his intent - whatever that is?"

"Could we not just ask the barman here, where she might have gone?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Those who are trying to remember snips of conversation that they have overheard can roll a Notice and of course the obligatory wild die. 4 or better will garner the name of a place frequented by Cat's type of people.

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
(Nope on Zak notice)

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim does remember overhearing something.

Selaim Notice overhearing
Miales rolled d6,d6 and got 6, 1

Selaim Notice overhearing ace
Miales rolled d6 and got 2

An 8

Obviously, Coral was in her own little world earlier -

Coral notice conversations
Angrboða rolled d4,d6 and got 3, 1

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Selaim remembers a name, Risa. It takes her a moment to tease it out from the snippets of conversation that she remembered. Risa's Place. It is an inn here in Sandpoint frequented by Varisians. It is as close to a home as Gypsies who live on the road could call home in Sandpoint.

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

"Well I'm going to check with the Guard Captain." She says and starts for the door. She doesn't make it though before she suddenly stops. A name popping into her mind. Something she'd heard earlier when they had gone through the town earlier that day.

She turns to Zak and Coral. "RIsa. We need to find Risa or Risa's Place. They run a bar or an inn that Varisians enjoy. I bet we'll find her there." she said looking around for someone to give them directions.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Slightly drunk townsperson

A man dressed in local garb that they don't recognize turns his head at her comments. "Her in is down that away," describing a turn here and a walk along a street there. "It is a quaint little place, nothing like this place. Better beer here," he says with a smile. From the cut of the man's clothing and the dirt on it, he does labor of some kind in Sandpoint.

{b]Coral[/b]

"Thank you," she responed to the man, followed by a "Come on," to the othersand headed out the bar , holding the door for the others

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak followeth.

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
As does Selaim... going at their pace and following the directions of the slightly drunk townsperson.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: Those looking for Risa's Place find it after a missed turn or two. Sandpoint is a small town. Feel free to join the other thread with your entrances.]

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Pandemonium 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ian
Member Spotlight
Zeim
Zeim
Nashville, TN, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums104
Topics2,896
Posts141,901
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy