Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 12 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
SKT: The Storm King's Thunder Jump to new posts
Re: OOC thread MikeD Sun 19/05/24 11:48 UTC
I don't seem to have any 'physical stats' for Bern <sigh>
1,616 82,403 Read More
SKT: The Storm King's Thunder Jump to new posts
Re: 3T - Who ya gonna call? Troll hunters! Dugan Sun 19/05/24 07:12 UTC
Davroar

Swimming back inside he sticks to his plan swimming past the second bridge to find that he can access the northern passage which links back to the central cavern where the giant and troll have remained. Neither of them seemed to have moved so perhaps they will remain in the central cavern for the time being. Exploring the nearest passage to the troll and giant was more intense for him, but it seems he managed to scout the area without being spotted as he left the cave for a second time using the stream.

Hopping out of the water again he plops himself beside his crude mud drawing and starts adding in more detail. Hopefully he is back soon enough in that Zindra still has her spell still active so that he can explain as he draws.

[Linked Image]

"So the passage just south of the troll offers the closest attack, probably just five or six large paces away. Another best place to attack from would be just south of the second bridge. There's rocks and bushes to hide behind. Swimming past the second bridge and a few of us could also get out and approach north of the giant, but there is no cover there."

Finding a brighter shade of mud he marks five small points on his map.

"These look like torches, but are not real flames. Magic of some sort and give off a good bit of heat too."

His last mark is a crude question mark to an unexplored western most passage.

"Over here I saw some runes carved on the wall. I heard something moaning in the darkness. Friend or foe, I'm not sure. I didn't want to press my luck going in there. Everywhere else I didn't not see any other beasts or monsters."

He thinks for a brief moment to make sure he is not forgetting anything and quickly adds, "Oh, I got a better look at the fire giants staff. It definitely looks ancient powerful magic within it." A visible shudder goes through his frog body as he remembers the uneasy feeling he got seeing it for a second time.

Obviously everyones probably going to have questions so he will politely wait.

Davroar CON save for swimming in the hot water
Dugan rolled 1d20+3 and got 11
169 2,410 Read More
Our Community Jump to new posts
Re: Members Availability AquaDyne Sat 18/05/24 21:06 UTC
I'm on call next week Mon-Thu. Posting will be slower. Or maybe faster if I'm stuck at my computer and the world isn't falling down around me.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

I'm also traveling Fri-Sun for my neice's wedding, where posting will definitely be much slower and mostly from my phone.
2 5,627 Read More
MSK: Character Creation Jump to new posts
Re: Game Locations and the NPCs that Go With Them Art in the Blood Sat 18/05/24 01:46 UTC
Area of location(What part of town?)boardwalk
Name of location: Oceanview Pier Pavilion
Type of location: Venue
Some details about location:

Oceanview Pier Pavilion hosts various acts from musical acts to comedians. It is a historic site, having filled the function since the early thirties.

Name of Owner/ proprietor(individual or family) GEORGE sanders is the current administrator of the facility.
9 392 Read More
DUC: Durham University Campus
Re: DUC: Pub Treasure Hunt Gypsy Fri 17/05/24 11:08 UTC
Most people's pockets or bags beeped as phones receive Emma's message.

Miranda opens her phone and looks at the content.

"That was strange wasn't it? Anyone any theories?"
258 6,845 Read More
MSK: Masks Jump to new posts
Re: OOC: The Arcade Gypsy Fri 17/05/24 11:00 UTC
I know it is hard to restart after a long gap. Is there something we could do to help PP? I was thinking of maybe us posting a character paragraph, could be about school, homelife, friends.. It would help us to reconnect with our characters and maybe help you with some inspiration. smile
156 4,492 Read More
ACR: ACRO Jump to new posts
Re: Round 4 - TVA Gypsy Fri 17/05/24 10:30 UTC
Get that stick out TM and get Miales in order! grin
8 99 Read More
Play-by-Post Game Studio Jump to new posts
Re: Closed Games List and Status Phoenix Prime Fri 17/05/24 04:42 UTC
I'm rooting for UFA... I enjoyed that game and character quite a bit.
12 31,510 Read More
YTZ: Yahtzee! Jump to new posts
Re: Standard 402 (XXXXII) Weez Thu 16/05/24 16:28 UTC
Two Yahtzees (so far wink ) on the first turn?!? Wow!
6 91 Read More
Re: Round 3 - MAC The Results TennesseeMaiden Thu 16/05/24 00:14 UTC
In Miales defense, I sent 4 defs. The cats def was totally off the cuff, as we inherited a yard full of cats with our Tennessee property, and dinner time is a feeding frenzy. He will have to share the photo. I was told one of my defs would not make it past the mods, thus Moderated AND Censored (... You should have seen my first def.) was born. It was hilarious. The verbiage was PG, but the meaning behind it was not. 😝 He censored my censored def and submitted my Cats. They are adorable, so I'll let it slide. Stay tuned for a Tennessee inspired ACRO.
-
Maiden - ACRO Champ!
3 53 Read More
RRL: Rise of the Rune Lords - Burnt Offerings Jump to new posts
Re: RRL: Risa's Place Vryx Wed 15/05/24 18:12 UTC
Catalena

Cat nodded to Selaim, thoughtfully. "Yes, their adult son, Bonto Feste. The Guild?"

She raised an eyebrow. She'd heard the term used not just for craftspeople but for organized gangs. The Sczarni did not use the term themselves, only "the Sczarni," or sometimes "the Family," but there were lots of gangs in Magnimar.
12 186 Read More
RRL: Rise of the Rune Lords - Burnt Offerings Jump to new posts
Re: Adventurer's Guild Pandemonium Wed 15/05/24 17:17 UTC
Works great for me. The more roleplaying opportunities you have the better the story will be!
464 9,635 Read More
SIX: 6 Takes Jump to new posts
Re: 6 Takes - Gypsy's Game 43 Round 4 Gypsy Wed 15/05/24 12:56 UTC
Round 4 Turn 2

TURN START POSITION
Code
 START                          BUST   CURRENT
 CARD                           ROW    ROW TOTAL
   V                             V
 -----------------------------------
|     |     |     |     |     |  x  |   
|   8 |     |     |     |     | xxx |     1
|  15 |     |     |     |     | xxx |     2
|  *2 |     |     |     |     |  x  |  
|  65 |  67 |  69 |     |     | xxx |     4
|  *2 |     |     |     |     |  x  |
|  81 | 101 | 103 |     |     | xxx |     3

Play in order of lowest card first:

Argus 9
Aqua 10*3
Weez 12
AJ 76
Alduin 104

That almost empty first row is like a siren call to some players! Argus, Aqua and Weez head there rapidly! wink

AJ heads out on his lone journey to row 3 and Alduin plays his 104 before that opportunity disappears. wink

Next choices via PM
2 76 Read More
Re: DreamLyrics is 24 today!! MikeD Wed 15/05/24 12:13 UTC
Drink another beer or 3 Nep. You will feel =much= better <weg>
12 172 Read More
SKT: References Jump to new posts
Re: Geography - Maps Dugan Wed 15/05/24 07:28 UTC
sketch by a frog
7 1,570 Read More
Re: Round 3 - MAC the Vote Miales Tue 14/05/24 12:59 UTC
And we come to the homestretch. The Miales duo jockeying around trying to take the title of real winner. Meanwhile Caution and the Accordions shoving them aside only to create an opening for Counting Miales to scuttle ahead. Just behind them Caution trips up on their Caution tape and accidentally tackles Champ Miales. The Arcane circle getting caught up in the mix and spins into a wall.

What's this? The Accordions escaped the fray by using their strap to tie themselves to Counting's belt loop and stay with them as they cross the line together. There they are the Real Winners!!! Why?

Because fortunately both of them the real Miales had placed several salmon just past the finish line. The Angry Cats finally spying their dinner had sprinted ahead for the unfortunate win.

Meanwhile, at the starting line the cicadas were jostled out of their den by TennesseeBaron who was handing out Allegra to the Skiers. They wisely ran off to another tree.

Stay tuned for the Final Results...

As we get that ready... Wait late Penalty Announcement...

Miales was called to the Steward's Office for investigation into tampering

Oh wow... Wait... So I guess the results will be delayed while this is sorted out...
13 196 Read More
Re: Triple 399 (XVIII) Weez Tue 14/05/24 02:08 UTC
lol
41 2,183 Read More
Re: Triple Yahtzee 401 (XVIII) Weez Tue 14/05/24 02:08 UTC
Turn 1

1st Roll -- 2,4,2,4,2 -- Well that was easy! Full House, column 3

Weez
4 57 Read More
ACS: Achtung! Cthulhu - The Black Sun Jump to new posts
Re: Junkers Ju-52 Lionhawke Mon 13/05/24 23:46 UTC
Epilogue: A Reversal of Shadows

In the dim light of a small, cluttered study, the scent of burnt sage lingered, mingling with the mustiness of old books. Isabella sat at an ancient oak desk, her fingers stained with ink and her eyes heavy with fatigue. Months of deciphering the forbidden texts of the Necronomicon had left her visibly changed; her once vibrant demeanor now carried a weight of profound depth and haunting wisdom.

Elsewhere, in a vast, echoing gallery in London, Sophia Delacroix wandered among the relics of the past, her brilliant mind preoccupied with the present. Her raven hair cascaded in waves down her back, and her deep green eyes betrayed a melancholy that mirrored the troubling times. As a historian and scholar, Sophia had once seen in Isabella the perfect candidate for a clandestine role — a double agent embedded within the Nazi regime. Now, she regretted that decision, fearing the darkness that the Necronomicon might have awakened within her beloved.

Back in the study, the walls were lined with shelves brimming with arcane tomes and artifacts collected over Isabella's years as a double agent. The centerpiece was the original Necronomicon, its cover a ghastly tapestry of human skin, etched with symbols that seemed to writhe under the flicker of candlelight.

Isabella had mastered the ancient spells and crafts, learning not just to mimic them, but to bend and twist their meanings. Where once there was a curse meant to summon, she rewrote it to repel. Spells of binding were transformed into rites of liberation. Each alteration was a calculated risk, a defiance of the dark forces that the book beckoned.

The weight of this knowledge was not merely intellectual. The dark energies of the Necronomicon seeped into her, tinting her aura with a shadow that was visible only to those attuned to the mystical realms. Her dreams were haunted by eldritch entities, whispering secrets of cosmic indifference and the futility of human endeavors. Yet, with each passing night, Isabella’s resolve hardened; she would turn these nightmares against those who sought to use them for domination.

Tonight, she completed the final touches on the duplicate Necronomicon—a perfect facsimile in form but inverted in essence. The false book was a trap, a clever ploy that would lead her enemies into self-destructive rituals. As she prepared to replace the original with the counterfeit, Isabella reflected on her transformation. The knowledge she had acquired set her apart from her peers, isolating her in ways she had not anticipated. Her ability to perceive the threads of fate and the flow of dark energies made her an invaluable asset but at the cost of a life once filled with simpler joys.

Tomorrow, she would return the altered Necronomicon to the Nazis, embedding herself deeper into their ranks while setting them upon a path to their own undoing. As she blew out the candles, the shadows in the room seemed to recoil from the light, a silent acknowledgment of her power.

Isabella stepped out into the cold night, the weight of the book under her arm matched only by the weight of her destiny. With each step, she moved not just toward the end of a mission but toward a new chapter in a war fought not with guns and bombs, but with spells and shadows. As she disappeared into the fog, the only evidence of her passage is the faintest echo of a spell whispered into the wind, a spell of protection, a beacon in the dark for those who would follow in her footsteps. Meanwhile, Sophia, alone in the gallery, clutched a locket at her throat, whispering a silent prayer for Isabella's safe return.

[OOC: I cheated and let ChatGPT write it... but there was an interesting idea there. Close the book on this one. ;)]
104 3,141 Read More
Re: Hall of Fame/Remembrance Jul 22 - Gypsy Mon 13/05/24 10:09 UTC
Added with film credits smile
53 2,522 Read More
PHX: Phoenix Reform Academy Jump to new posts
Re: Girls common room. Phoenix Prime Sun 12/05/24 17:46 UTC
Cadence-

Cadence nodded with a shrug for added ambivalence.

"Okay."

Speaking with Blake was not the easiest thing. In some ways the other kids here that Cadence had met, who were cast-off or rescued from Enkidu's experiments, had social or communication difficulties. Like, they were just cattle to be used and abused, then cast aside as refuse or worse. She had no personal opinion on the implications of Blake's belief that there might be someone doing something they shouldn't.Blake wanted her help and that was enough for Cadence.

Still in her pajamas, Cadence slipped on the sneaks she had been provided by the school staff, and motioned for Blake to lead the way. "I'm with you... Let's see what we can find."
164 11,589 Read More
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ian
Member Spotlight
Pandemonium
Pandemonium
Oregon USA
Forum Statistics
Forums104
Topics2,890
Posts141,891
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy