Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gypsy, Pit Friend), 24 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Our Community Jump to new posts
Re: Happy Birthday Lord Barthok Soc Gypsy Tue 07/05/24 12:30 UTC
Happy Birthday! smile
2 24 Read More
Re: Happy Birthday Matioki Gypsy Tue 07/05/24 12:29 UTC
Happy Birthday! smile
2 18 Read More
RRL: Rise of the Rune Lords - Burnt Offerings Jump to new posts
Re: RRL: The Boar Hunt Miales Tue 07/05/24 12:00 UTC
Selaim

"The last place I'd go is the authorities. I still don't trust them even though the guard here doesn't seem to be of the same ilk as the ones in Magnimar. I doubt she'd go there. She was mad and hurt. She'd go some place that comforts her. She doesn't seem like the type that would seek sanctuary in a temple. That means hiding. She'd go some place that reminds her of home. I know when I was feeling down I still felt a pull to the guild even with everything that happened." She got quiet for a second.

She got quiet thinking.

"I think we should find the guard captain. They should know where she might have run off to. I mean it is there town and all. And if she came to them they'd know."
104 1,576 Read More
NMC: Neverending Movie Chain Jump to new posts
Re: Neverending Movie Chain 58 AquaDyne Tue 07/05/24 07:33 UTC
I saw the previews for this film and thought I would love it.

I did.

The Irishman
9 41 Read More
PHX: Phoenix Reform Academy Jump to new posts
Re: Girls common room. Phoenix Prime Tue 07/05/24 03:21 UTC
Cadence Marie Weathers
Forsaken

Cadence sat on the edge of the bed and waved off Blake. "It's okay...You don't need to make yourself uncomfortable. I can actually see you... Well, I mean, I can see the space you occupy and the energy around you, in you... whatever. I see you."
159 11,419 Read More
DUC: Durham University Campus Jump to new posts
Re: DUC: Pub Treasure Hunt Mina Tue 07/05/24 02:50 UTC
[b]Emma[/b}

As Levon steps forward, she steps back keeping the pain the line of video... and hits the button to start uploading the feed to the Cloud, making sure to get what was already recorded as well as what might come next uploaded as it happens.
250 6,224 Read More
Re: RRL: Risa's Place Vryx Tue 07/05/24 02:44 UTC
Catalena

Cat opened the door and let the scents of well-worked leather, sweat of bodies close together, hints of horses and goats, deep loam, argan oil on skin and hair, and onions and garlic cooked on the stove right next to the bar wash over her. Two dozen voices all talked one over another in the lyrical rise and fall of the Varisians' own language, somehow having ten different conversations that easily shifted into more or a single one if a hint of something more or less interesting caught an ear. There was a comfort here and a sense of welcoming that only a life of close quarters in seasons-long wagon trains and long nights around a communal cookfire full of song, dance, fighting, tales, child-rearing, and love could truly grasp. There was family here.

She did not announce her presence but as she pressed through the small tavern, she returned greetings and embraces. They knew her here. And they knew she had helped to prevent trouble and pain in the town. Young Vodger Magravi, well maybe not so young anymore, now that there was news he would be getting married, called, "Catalena, there's a table here. Boonta was just leaving, wasn't he?" The heavy man pushed at Vodger and argued good-naturedly but Cat shook her head, a weak smile appearing. No, she'd press her way to the end of the bar where Vodger's mother Risa sat in a place of honor, the stools nearest her were kept for invitation only.

"Is that Catalena Teodorescu?" the old woman asked, reaching a worn, wrinkled hand with many ringed fingers out to Cat's two-handed gentle clasp. "Come and sit, dear." She patted a leather-topped stool and Cat climbed upon it, gratefully. Though the old sorceress was almost completely blind, she had uncanny ways of sensing things.

"Thank you, Risa Magravi," Catalena replied, keeping her voice under control. "You are well? You look lovely today." Catalena was only speaking the truth. Though venerable, Risa still had a powerful natural presence that commanded the attention of anyone who caught a glimpse. Old age had refined her beauty with a regal dignity.

"I do well so long as my feet can carry me where my heart longs to be," Risa replied, repeating a common Varisian sentiment expressed to such a question and Cat felt her breath catch for a moment.

She held the older woman's hand in one of hers as her daughter, Lanalee came over with a pewter pitcher of sharp, pear cider, condensation sliding down the gray metal. She poured a mug for Cat and capped it with a small plate to keep the greedy flies buzzing around from indulging in the sweetness.

"Haven't seen you in a while, Cat," said the broad, tanned woman. "Besk here thought you're too good for his cooking, eating that fancy stuff from Ameiko." She elbowed a man who looked nearly her twin except for a wide, black mustache.

"You eating, Cat?" he laughed.

"Of course I am," Catalena replied, her voice sounding fatigued. "Load me up." She passed the small plate near enough for Besk to slide on a small, crispy and greasy pile of potatoes from the black iron stovetop with practiced skill. They cooked one thing at Risa's, and kept at it all day. The trick was being able to wait a few minutes to keep from burning your fingertips and tongue.

Catalena placed nine coins upon the bar top. 5 gold and 4 silver. Lanalee's eyes popped. "Hey, your money's no good here, Hero of Sandpoint and you drunk already or something? If you eat that much coin's worth we'll have to roll you out the cask door." She made to hand it back.

Cat shook her head and pressed the coins away. "Vodger's wedding is coming up. I have more than I need and I don't..." Her voice caught again. "I don't want those coins."

Lanalee shrugged. "I'll tell everyone you're buying a round," she answered as she moved away and Cat relaxed but then felt a strong, wrinkled grip upon her hand.

"Catalena Teodorescu," sternly pressed Risa, mentioning a Varisian term for cursed coins. "Don't you pass on any ghinoin money in my place."

"No, no, of course not," Cat assured her. "No evil to them, only..." and at that, her tears began to come and she could not hold them back any longer.

Risa held her hand and stroked her hair. "Shhh, child, shhh. What can Risa do to help you, my dear?" she asked after some time and Cat could regain enough composure to dry her face and nose with a purple linen handkerchief.

"Tell a tale, Risa," she asked, gripping the woman's hand. "Tell a tale of the road. A tale such that one might slip into the turns and lose oneself for a while. Please, Risa, that is what I would like."

The elder closed her eyes and took a deep breath through her nose and then a long pull at her own cider near at hand that her daughter was sure to keep filled.

"All right," Risa Magravi began, and though she spoke at a normal volume, it seemed the Place that bore her name had suddenly gone quiet except for the buzz of insects, the sizzle of savory vegetables, and quiet shuffling in seats and step.

"Listen and remember, my family, and hear of how we Varisians gained our freedom from the devils who enslaved us. Listen and remember, my children, of how Vyush'baro, the Cunning Wolf, used their laws and contracts and bindings against them. Listen and remember, my loves, of how they burn with vengeance to return we Free People under their heel. But our wagons roll on."

"Our wagons roll on..." softly repeated Catalena and the rest of the patrons, and Risa retold the legend they all had heard since their first memories.
1 19 Read More
YTZ: Yahtzee! Jump to new posts
Re: Yahtzee Ladder XXXXII Weez Tue 07/05/24 01:31 UTC
Game 400 ladder scores

Code
	     Score	Spread	Rating	Points	Bonus	Net Ladder Points
Weez	     409	210	32.51%	227	1	128
Miales	     324	125	19.35%	135	1	36
KenSeg	     323	124	19.20%	134	1	35
Alduin	     266	67	10.37%	72		-28
Gypsy	     265	66	10.22%	71		-29
Argus	     253	54	8.36%	58		-42
eclaasse     199	0	0.00%	0		-100
Spread = 210+125+124+67+66+54 = 646				

Game 400 results added to ladder

Weez continued her climb, moving into 2nd this time. Still can't see eclaasse though.
Gypsy joined in and took the 3rd spot, knocking Alduin down to 4th. Miales kept his spot at 5th and Ken did the same in the cellar.
4 213 Read More
Re: Standard **400** (XXXXII) Weez Tue 07/05/24 01:31 UTC
Game 400 ladder scores

Code
	     Score	Spread	Rating	Points	Bonus	Net Ladder Points
Weez	     409	210	32.51%	227	1	128
Miales	     324	125	19.35%	135	1	36
KenSeg	     323	124	19.20%	134	1	35
Alduin	     266	67	10.37%	72		-28
Gypsy	     265	66	10.22%	71		-29
Argus	     253	54	8.36%	58		-42
eclaasse     199	0	0.00%	0		-100
Spread = 210+125+124+67+66+54 = 646				
25 1,015 Read More
Re: Members Availability Weez Tue 07/05/24 01:04 UTC
Thanks!
8 5,537 Read More
ACS: Achtung! Cthulhu - The Black Sun Jump to new posts
Re: ACS: The Forgotten Passage Lionhawke Tue 07/05/24 00:22 UTC
{Isabella}

Her success at closing the rift had also sent the abomination back from whence it came. Isabella steadied herself against a pillar, though, as the army boys discussed next steps. Gathering her strength with a deep breath, catching the smells of incense, acrid blood, and gunpowder in the air, she moved over to where the book of incantations lay on the ground. She picked it up cautiously, but then strode to one of the prisoners.

"Wir besprechen Ihre Pläne. Sei vorbereitet." She hissed at him and placed the book in her satchel for study later. "Captain. We'll need to find an appropriate place to interrogate. But agreed we need to leave now."

[OOC: I'm fine to wrap as well.
72 1,556 Read More
Re: RRL: The Rusty Dragon a Harrowing Pandemonium Tue 07/05/24 00:08 UTC
[OOC: Works for me.]
30 298 Read More
Re: Triple 399 (XVIII) eclaasse Mon 06/05/24 18:06 UTC
eclaasse's Turn 39

Code
1 5 6 5 4 -- Reroll 1 6 4
6 4 4 ------ Reroll 6 4 4
2 1 1

Score: 5 5 2 1 1

Scrub Yahtzee, column 2. Will Gypsy steal all the points? I'm inclined to think so.
30 1,957 Read More
ACR: ACRO Jump to new posts
Re: Round 2 - The Vote - BEP Gryphon Mon 06/05/24 02:44 UTC
2, 3, 8
10 103 Read More
NMC: Neverending Movie Chain Jump to new posts
Re: Neverending Movie Chain 57 Miales Mon 06/05/24 01:04 UTC
Who? wink lol
221 4,551 Read More
Help Jump to new posts
Re: Any Problems Post Here for 2024 Gypsy Sun 05/05/24 14:31 UTC
Excellent! grin
4 431 Read More
SKT: The Storm King's Thunder Jump to new posts
Re: 3T - Who ya gonna call? Troll hunters! Dugan Sun 05/05/24 08:01 UTC
Davroar

He is not completely sure that the firepit he saw could generate the heat they can feel in the air nor heat the water flowing past it. Listening to Zhu suggestion to flank the giant, he will blink twice to agree with her plan. To Zindra's question about extinguishing the fire, he will blink twice. He is not sure if the fire is magical or natural, but he has two ideas of how to do put it out in either case. To Zindra's second question about it being lava, he did not see any so he will blink once for his answer.
135 1,646 Read More
Magazine Jump to new posts
Re: Sizzling Site Stats - April 30, 2024 Dugan Sun 05/05/24 07:47 UTC
Your welcome.
4 44 Read More
SIX: 6 Takes Jump to new posts
Re: 6 Takes - Gypsy's Game 43 Round 3 Weez Sat 04/05/24 22:05 UTC
Enjoy Gypsy!
11 364 Read More
ACRO Templates Miales Sat 04/05/24 14:16 UTC
Not trying to get people doing the same thing but to help those of the Anal Retentive sort (umm like me) I know that we appreciate when everything lines up:

Aqua's posting of the results are done with the [code ] prompt

Code
Def 	Player   	V1	 V2	 V3	 |	 Tu	 Tn	 Ba	 Mo	 We	 Mi	 AQ	 Gr	 Mi	 Du	   	 |	 Total
1   	Tusk     	10	  2	  5	 |	   	   	   	   	   	  2	   	   	   	   	   	 |	 2
2   	TnM      	 6	  5	  4	 |	  2	   	  1	  2	   	  3	  1	  2	  2	   	   	 |	 13
3   	Barry    	10	  7	  2	 |	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	 |	 0
4   	Mouse    	 5	  2	  7	 |	   	  1	   	   	  1	   	   	   	   	   	   	 |	 2
5   	Weez     	 6	  7	  4	 |	  1	  2	   	  3	   	   	  3	  1	   	   	   	 |	 10
6   	Mina     	 2	  1	  8	 |	   	  3	   	   	  3	   	   	  3	  1	  1	   	 |	 11
7   	AQUA     	 5	  8	  2	 |	   	   	  2	  1	  2	   	   	   	   	  3	   	 |	 8
8   	Gryphon  	 6	  2	  5	 |	   	   	   	   	   	  1	  2	   	  3	  2	   	 |	 8
9   	Miales   	 8	  2	  6	 |	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	 |	 0
10  	Dugan    	 7	  8	  6	 |	  3	   	  3	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	 |	 6
11  	         	  	   	   	 |	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	   	 |	 0

Aqua made a score sheet using Excel that makes it extremely easy to just copy and paste the results. Here is the link: ACRO Scoresheet
0 11 Read More
Magazine Jump to new posts
Re: RPG Monthly Releases 2024 nem Sat 04/05/24 12:58 UTC
Yeah, my plan is to use it instead of D&D 5e for my niece and nephew. They want to keep using their poly dice but 5e has been a bit stifling for them, compared to Magical Kitties. Magical Kitties uses d6s otherwise I'd use it, but ICRPG should work well.
14 458 Read More
Re: Round 2 - New ACRO - BEP Gypsy Sat 04/05/24 11:08 UTC
nudge didn't work so I'll post so you can vote whilst I am away smile
7 104 Read More
Re: Happy Birthday Tusk! MikeD Fri 03/05/24 12:13 UTC
Better late than never ... HBD =old guy= <gd&r>
5 52 Read More
Re: Adventurer's Guild Angrboða Fri 03/05/24 05:50 UTC
The floor plan is definitely intriguing me - I am trying to work out which brown bits are tables and which are benches - or are they shelving and those are store rooms?
Coral is definitely disappointed that there is no big open fire.
458 9,248 Read More
Review Role-Playing Games Jump to new posts
Re: New type of "dice" Pandemonium Thu 02/05/24 15:24 UTC
Originally Posted by nem
I needed some extra Fate sets for a one-off session recently I was sorely tempted. Alas, they had normal Fate sets on sale for 2 quid vs 8 for the d12s, so I cheaped out. sob

Thanks!

I completely understand. There is a supplier here in the USA selling them for $2 a die, which while I would love to have a few for my con run coming up I haven't yet pulled the trigger. I suppose I should finish writing the complete plot first. eek

Double Six Dice
4 42 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
TennesseeMaiden
TennesseeMaiden
Tiptonville, TN
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,853
Posts141,278
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy